Monday, June 14, 2010

the old and the new

So my computer died a sad death the other day. I decided to switch from a PC to  Mac and wow! I think I'm going to love it but it seems like what was left is now right and what was up is now down.
It made me think about the humble beginnings of SemiPrecious 5 years ago. I opened the shop in a veritable shack-really!!! A shack! The ceiling was almost nonexistent. When it rained outside, it rained inside SemiPrecious. I remember dumping water from the tiny little dishes. It was an amazing time because it was the beginning of what has been-and still is-an amazing journey!
The shop continues to evolve and hopefully, so do I. As I continue to look for beauty in every day of my life, I'm also searching for beautiful elements to become part of even more beautiful jewelry.

3 comments:

  1. Like a cool Virginia Slim, You've come a long way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Amy. Must be so full filling doing what you love. Keep it up. Can't wait to see where you 2nd store will be!!

    Rock the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the beginning! And I still love it all!!! xoxox Austin

    ReplyDelete